Photo: Carsten Eickhoff accepts the award from Emine Yilmaz
Some notes from the workshop were posted by Panos Ipeirotis in his blog.
Wednesday February 9, 8:30am-5pm, Hong Kong (see overview)
8:30 - 10:00
- Guido Zuccon, Teerapong Leelanupab, Stewart Whiting, Joemon Jose and Leif Azzopardi. Crowdsourcing Interactions - A proposal for capturing user interactions through crowdsourcing.
- Richard McCreadie, Craig Macdonald and Iadh Ounis. Crowdsourcing Blog Track Top News Judgments at TREC.
10:00 - 10:30: Break
10:30 - 12:00
- Carsten Eickhoff and Arjen de Vries. How Crowdsourcable is Your Task?
- Christopher Harris. You’re Hired! An Examination of Crowdsourcing Incentive Models in Human Resource Tasks.
- Jing Wang, Siamak Faridani and Panagiotis Ipeirotis. Estimating Completion Time for Crowdsourced Tasks Using Survival Analysis Models.
- Raynor Vliegendhart, Martha Larson, Christoph Kofler, Carsten Eickhoff and Johan Pouwelse. Investigating Factors Influencing Crowdsourcing Tasks with High Imaginative Load.
12:00 - 13:30: Lunch
13:30 - 15:00
Invited Talk: Thore Graepel, Microsoft Research: The Smarter Crowd: Active Learning, Knowledge Corroboration, and Collective IQs
- Omar Alonso. Perspectives on Infrastructure for Crowdsourcing.
- Abhimanu Kumar and Matthew Lease. Modeling Annotator Accuracies for Supervised Learning.
15:30 - 17:00
Invited Talk: Panagiotis G. Ipeirotis, New York University: Crowdsourcing using Mechanical Turk: Quality Management and Scalability
- What big problems in crowdsourcing should the data mining and search communities investigate next?
- What task would you want to do for the TREC 2011 Crowdsoucing Track?
- What would you like to see in the next crowdsourcing workshop?
17:00-??? Workshop ends; discussion continues at nearby establishment for those interested